Middle School: Nice or Nightmare?
Get a Handle on Middle School Now and Pave the Way to Success Later
Middle school is where things can start to Go Wrong. A solid investment in that ounce of prevention NOW can save many pounds of cure of big problems later. Learn what middle school is really like, and how to steer you child toward success. Get all of the facts, do’s and don’ts, and red flag/warning signs!
This fun and super informative class is for you if . . .
- You are terrified of the middle school and upcoming high school years because of all of the horror stories you have heard. (Yes, some of them are true!)
- You suspect you may not fully understand today’s middle school world or how to help your child navigate through it. (It’s not the same as it used to be!)
- You think parenting is hard work and you aren’t sure if it’s even possible to control pre-teens and teen-agers. (You want to be the best parent you can be!)
- You are tired of the same old parenting advice that never seems to work very well in the real world. (You want good information pertinent to middle school – concise and straight!)
Join Dr. Lisa Kaplin and Parent Life Coach Leslie Ferris for this Unique 3 Part Teleseries
You will learn from two experienced parents who are also professional coaches:
- The middle school environment – what it’s really like, and what goes on. Facts, figures, and statistics.
- Your child and her/his physical, emotional, and social changes.
- Your child interacting with his world – good and bad, peer pressure, friends, electronics, etc.
- Learn how to talk to your children without sounding preachy and uninformed.
- Resource recommendations.
- Great parenting do’s – techniques that will work now and set you up well for later.
- Parenting pitfalls – the traps we tend to fall into, and how to stay out of them.
- Learn how to set appropriate limits at appropriate times in just the right way so that your children will know you mean business but will still want to talk to you.
- Resource recommendations
- Characteristics of a healthy middle schooler.
- Warning signs that things aren’t right – it’s not as easy to tell as you might think!
- How to identify the red flags that could indicate your child’s involvement with serious problems such as sexual activity, drugs, alcohol, and bullying.
- Resource recommendations
You get all three powerful sessions plus email support during the duration of the series for just $59.99
Bonus ($10 value):
As my bonus gift, you also get your choice of one session from the Powerful Parenting Series. Choose from “Mom’s Little Angels”, “The Homework Hotline”, “Chocolate, Carbs, Doritos and Donuts”, “Boys/Girls/Dolls/Balls”, “Age Appropriate Parenting”, “Please Take My Child and Return After Adolescence”. Read more about each of these sessions here…
Leslie Ferris, ACC, ELI-MP, MBA. Credentialed Life Coach serving the parents of struggling tweens, teens, and young adults
When: Wednesday, October 2, 9, and 16, 2013
Time: 1pm Eastern; 12pm Central; 11am Mountain; 10am Pacific
Can’t make it to one or more of the calls? No Problem! A recording will be sent to all registered participants within 24 hours after each session.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.‘” ~ Benjamin Franklin